Sunday, August 21, 2011

Custom painted Master Grade XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell Custom

when I was a kid, i used to watch a certain anime show at a local TV channel here in the Philippines. I really made it a point to go home early just to watch that show, and my parents can't even force me to change the channel (unless with brute force).
That show is about 5 teenagers who had their own amazing mecha units from the space colonies who came down to Earth to accomplish one mission: OPERATION METEOR which is to eliminate the injustice between the Earth Sphere and the Colonies.
Yes you got it right, it's Gundam Wing (90's kids rock!!!! >_<)



Back when I was a kid also, they released model kits which were oh-so-expensive that my mom and dad can't afford them, I used to envy my cousins or "insans" who had the money to buy these kits.. Therefore, I made it a goal that when I grow up and have the money to buy these kits, I'll buy them, and I'll buy them GOOD.. :)


13 years have passed, BanDai released a Master Grade scale of the Gundam Unit that I really adored. I've been waiting 13  effing years just to get one, and I got one heck of a surprise.

Here it goes, the GUNDAM DEATHSCYTHE HELL CUSTOM



I was oh-so-effing excited when I got this kit from our friendly Gundam Merchant sir Coldfire, like while I was still on the bus on my way home, I was rummaging through the instruction manual on how to build it.Plus, I got it for a very "sulit" price, so, DOUBLE HAPPINESS. XD

Here are some of the photos when I built the unit. :)





As you would notice, the color of the kit is sort of glossy, and somehow, differs from what is seen in the OVA, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz. So I asked a few friends about what things to do to this guy to make it look even meaner, nastier.. (nuff said.) :3 and one of them told me to change the color scheme to it's original colors, which is flat black and gray, which was a really good idea. :)

So after painting this kit for like 4 days or so, plus placement of the free dry transfer decals.
VOILA!







building this kit is one fulfillment for me. aside from it's price-worthiness, It was really a fun kit to build. and it is really good to look at when it's standing there on the shelf where it's displayed. looking at one of your childhood heroes, or mechs really brings back memories... :)

well, that's all for now.. Thank you for viewing! CIAO!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very nice. Looks great. I want this kit so bad. I remember watching Gundam wing when it came out stateside in 2000. If you want to see some of my builds check out my blog. xiaphas09.blogspot.com There isn't much there yet. I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Xiaphas09: T_T this kit isn't topcoated yet... T_T having a hard time scoring a industrial flat clear spraypaint for topcoating.. =_=

    ReplyDelete